Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I start sending packages for my arrival in the Fall?
You can start sending packages to arrive after August 21st. Due to space limitations, packages arriving prior to that will be returned.
- How should my friends and family send packages? What if I need something right away?
We recommend sending packages to students using FedEx and UPS. Wesleyan has an excellent relationship with both companies. They make regular stops on campus for pick up and delivery throughout the day.
If you need something right away we recommend that you send by FedEx.
- What are your hours?
Hours of operation while classes are in session: Service Window Hours M-F 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Package Window Hours M-F 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM Hours while classes are not in session: Service Window Hours M-Th 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM Package Window Hours M-Th 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Friday 9:00 AM - Noon
- Where are you located?
We are located in the Usdan Campus Center in the heart of campus.
To pick up a package go to the package pick up window on the lower level. Take the main elevator down to B level. The package window is down the hall to the left as you exit the elevator.
To check your mailbox go to the main level. Student mailboxes are located near the west entrance, nearest to the Fayerweather Building.
To buy stamps or send packages and letters go to the Service Window, take the main elevator down to the B level, the service window is across from the elevator.
- I received an email letting me know that I have a package. Where do I go to pick it up?
All packages are available for pick up at the package pick up window on the lower level. Take the main elevator down to B level. The package window is down the hall on the left as you exit the elevator.
- How are UPS and FedEx packages delivered?
Letters and packages should be addressed to your Wes Box. This is different than a P.O. box.
Wes Box (your box #)
45 Wyllys Ave.
Middletown, CT 06459
Letters will be placed directly in your Wes Box. All packages and overnight envelopes will be available at the downstairs package pick up window. You will rceive an email as soon as it is ready for pick up.
- I tracked my package and it said it arrived today but I haven't received an email. Is my package here?
When tracking packages please keep in mind that we receive and process thousands of letters and hundreds of packages each day. This takes time! UPS, Express Mail and FedEx packages that have been signed for are in the building but have not been processed yet. We will send an email as soon as your package is ready for pick up.
- How do I find my mailbox box number and my combination?
Log into your student portfolio. On the right hand side in the Bucket labeled Enrollment Status is a link called Enrollment Holds & Addresses. Click on this link. When the site opens click on the Personal-Data link and your Wes Box address and combination is listed under Mailing Address on this page.
- I thought our Wes Box was the same every year. Why did some students change Wes Boxes this year?
Wesleyan recently purchased additional mailboxes to alleviate student mailbox sharing. To evenly distribute the new mailboxes between the four class years some students were required to change mailboxes. Students that were affected by this have been notified by email. If you would like to confirm your Wes Box log into your student portfolio. On the right hand side in the Bucket labeled Enrollment Status is a link called Enrollment Holds & Addresses. Click on this link. When the site opens click on the Personal-Data link. Your Wes Box address is listed under Mailing Address on this page.
- What do I do if my mailbox won't open or close?
Please email us for assistance with a broken mailbox. Please specify your box number and combination.
- What do I do if I think a package has been lost?
Stop by the package window and ask for assistance filling out a lost package report.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
You may pay for postage and shipping with your student account, Middletown Cash, cash or check made payable to Wesleyan University. Student accounts cannot be charged during the summer. Seniors may not pay by student account after the second half of the spring semester.
- Does it cost anything to use campus mail?
You do not have to pay postage for on-campus mail. To send mail to another student on campus, address it with their name and their Wes Box and place it in the campus mail in the lobby.
- I have a mailing for a student event or group that I would like to send to students. How do I go about it?
As a green inititative to save paper, we will no longer allow student boxes to be stuffed by any department, student group, or outside agency. Only mail addressed with a proper Wes Box and matching name will be placed into a Wes Box.
- Suspicious Mail: How can I tell and what do I do?
What should make me suspect a piece of mail?
- It's unexpected or from someone you don't know.
- It's addressed to someone no longer at your address.
- It's handwritten and has no return address or bears one that you can't confirm is legitimate.
- It's lopsided or lumpy in appearance.
- It's sealed with excessive amounts of tape.
- It's marked with restrictive endorsements such as "Personal" or "Confidential."
- It has excessive postage.
What should I do with a suspicious piece of mail?
- Don't handle a letter or package that you suspect is contaminated.
- Don't shake it, bump it, or sniff it.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Notify local law enforcement authorities.
- How do I submit a stamp order?
Wesleyan Station is no longer filling stamp orders. You may order stamps at the post office window in Usdan or online at usps.com
- How do I use the University Postal Permit Imprint account for Non-Profit or First-Class Permit Imprint mailings?
To use the University postal permit please email Allen Alonzo.