PRE-REGISTRATION: IMPORTANT TIPS FOR STUDENTS
You can access the Pre-Registration system from anywhere you can access your EPortfolio. A link will appear in the top frame and under “Course Registration.” During pre-registration your schedule will have a maximum of four full credit classes, and any number of partial credit classes. Private music lessons do not count towards the full credit limit. Your credit limit cannot be raised until drop/add.
IMPORTANT STRATEGIES FOR PLANNING PERIOD:
- Do not assign a course to your first rank if it has zero seats set aside for your class year/major. The scheduling program will not consider it. These courses are identified in WesMaps with “0” in the seat designation.
- Do not add courses which exclude your class year/major. The system does not allow this. Class year/major exclusions are identified in WesMaps with an “X” in the seat designation.
- Do not rank the same course and section twice, it will not increase your chance of being scheduled in the course.
- Do not forget to select the section(s) of a course you rank. Click “Section” and identify sections you would like the scheduling program to consider. You can choose one, multiple, or any section.
- You can rank courses which have overlapping meeting times in your plan. The pre-registration program will not, however, schedule you into two courses with time conflicts.
- You can finalize your plan with pending requests; since the instructor action will update the student request.
- POI/PreReq approvals can be done completely electronically; however, the instructor may request additional information via email or through a face to face meeting.