Sexual activity can be a healthy, happy, positive aspect of life, for those who choose to engage. WesWell is committed to promoting sexual health awareness and providing resources for the Wesleyan community. We offer a range of safer sex supplies, consent and communication workshops and outreach, information on STI testing and support, and resources for survivors of sexual violence. Sexual health should be a priority for all, whether or not they are currently sexually active. Below are some resources to help you navigate sexual health at Wesleyan.
ON CAMPUS RESOURCES
- WesWell Resource Room:
- Safer Sex Supplies—WesWell is located in the back of the Davison Health Center, and WesWell’s safer sex supplies can be found here. We have a variety of external condoms, internal condoms, dental dams, and lube available free.
- WesWell’s Library—The WesWell library has a wide variety of books covering different aspects of sexual health.
- If you would like to know more about distributing bulk safer sex supplies at a Wesleyan event or program, click HERE.
- Individual Consultations:
- To discuss safer sex practices, safer sex material demos, etc., please email to set up an appointment! (For testing options, see below)
- The Davison Health Center:
WesWell's Sexual Health WORKSHOPS
- WesWell's Peer Health Advocates are trained to facilitate workshops about sexual health. We offer WesSex, Healthy Hookups, Supporting Survivors, and Sexual Assault - WE Speak WE Stand workshops. Learn more or request a workshop HERE.
- WesWell hosts an annual Sexual Health Week in April, which includes our Sexual Health Quest event. Find out more HERE.
ON-CAMPUS GROUPS TO GET INVOLVED IN
- WesWell's Peer Health Advocates
- Adolescent Sexual Health Awareness (ASHA)
- Students for Consent and Communication (SFCC)
- The Wesleyan Doula Project
- Unlocked Magazine
SEXUAL VIOLENCE REOURCES
- Visit our page on Sexual Violence Prevention and Resources
LOCAL RESOURCES OUTSIDE OF WESLEYAN
- Middletown Women and Family Center http://www.womenfamilies.org/
- Middlesex Hospital http://middlesexhospital.org/
- Planned Parenthood
- Meriden https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/connecticut/meriden/06451/meriden-center-2543-90220
- West Hartford https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/connecticut/west-hartford/06110/west-hartford-center-2216-90220
- New Haven https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/connecticut/new-haven/06511/new-haven-center-3271-90220