Information on our sustainability initiatives
Wesleyan tracks our sustainability progress in several ways. We complete annual greenhouse gas inventories, have completed a Climate Action Plan (and subsequent revisions), and are now participating in the AASHE STARS program. Wesleyan's STARS data will be collected over the 2012-2013 school year and will be available in Fall 2013.
If you have a data request, please read the following before making a request:
For greenhouse gas inventories or our climate action plan, visit the ACUPCC reporting website and click on the relevant link.
Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- square footage included in GHG inventory;
- electricity use;
- heating fuel use;
- fuel used by campus vehicles (fleet);
- commuting estimates of faculty/staff and students;
- total waste and compost generated; and
- agricultural information (fertilizer use).
Climate Action Plan
- Information on academics, energy, facilities, transportation, waste, and Wesleyan's sustainability vision.
For other requests, please email Jen Kleindienst. In your request:
1) Specify what data you need and,
2) Provide a date when you need the data by.