Event Staff Job Description
Event Staff are students representing the Office of Student Activities & Leadership Development who provide a positive peer security presence at student organized social events on campus. They work with social event hosts and Public Safety officers to maintaining a fun and safe environment at these events.
- Assist in staffing the entrance and exit doors
- Ensure venue capacity is not exceeded
- Assist Public Safety in emergency situations at the event
- Generally help to maintain a safe and well organized event
- Check to see if appropriate policies are being followed ( i.e. correct food and non-alcoholic rations, checking of identification, etc)
- Attend training and Event Staff meetings as required
- Assist in other duties as assigned
- Be in good academic standing at Wesleyan University
- Not have any violations of “The Code of Non-Academic Conduct”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to be assertive and manage conflict
- Must be willing to work late nights/weekends
- A completed application.
Compensation: $10.50 an hour for staff / $13.00 an hour for Captains
We are currently accepting APPLICATIONS until Friday, February 3 at 1pm.
Return to Student Employment Opportunities