Student Program Fund (SPF)
The first day to request funds for Spring Semster 2017 will be on Monday, January 30, 2017. The last day to request funds for Spring Semster 2017 is Monday, April 17, 2017. All receipts for reimbursement will be due no later than Friday, April 28, 2017 or funds will be forfeit.
The Student Program Fund (SPF) exists to assist student organizations in funding cultural, educational and social events. This fund will help offset the programmatic costs (food, facility reservation, set-up/breakdown fees, speaker fees, outside vendor fees, etc.) incurred by WSA student organizations.
Accessing Your Funds
- Applications should be submitted no later than 9am on Mondays (preceeding your event), and applications must be complete for full consideration. Retroactive requests will NOT be considered.
- You must submit your request through the online form AT LEAST 5 business days prior to the day of your event so that the SALD Office will have enough time to process the request.
- Applications will not be considered retroactively nor any other day but Monday at 9am; there is no guarnatee that fund requests will be approved.
- The individual student or student organization will be notified by email as to the status of their application.
- Complete the SPF Application Form.
- The event must contribute to the educational or cultural life of the University and/or help to build a sense of community at Wesleyan. Please be aware that the average amount approved is $100 per event. Occasionally we will approve amounts that are higher but that would be extremely rare and the cap is $500 maximum (for very large events that have multiple funding sources).
- Organizations should not function as if these funds are a part of their budget as funds are not guaranteed
- If the cost of the event is greater than $100.00, some portion of the cost must be covered by another source of funding. Recognized WSA organizations are eligible to apply.
- Note that the SPF does not fund:
- A request that has not been submitted through the online form at least 5 business days prior to the event.
- Events that violate the Code of Non-Academic Conduct or University Policy.
- Alcoholic beverages, spirits, tobacco products, controlled or illegal substances.
- Funding for outside caterers * unless Bon Appetit cannot provide the service requested
- Donations, gifts, or prizes (including gift cards).
- Purchases made at WesShop or using WesPoints.
- Any event taking place in a residential space that is not open to the greater community.
- Set-up fees normally covered by the SBC
- Honoraria or expenses for current faculty.
- Honoraria or expenses for current students.
- Additional funding requests from groups planning events during identity months. If you are planning such an event, please contact SALD to be in touch with the appropriate planning body.
- Start-up funds for a student organization or charity fundraiser.
- Travel costs for individuals or student organizations. However, conference registration will be considered. Student attendance to off campus events will only be considered if a concrete plan for benefiting the larger campus is presented.
- Any outside contractor or non-University employee that acts as a coach for a sports team or athletic/fitness event (ie. boxing, yoga, fencing, etc.).
- Any event which may create or contribute to a hostile or unsafe environment in accordance with Wesleyan's Non-Discrimination and Sexual Harrassment Policy.
- The individual student or student organization will be notified by email if funds have been approved:
- Reimbursement – For out-of-pocket purchases of materials and supplies (ie. food, decorations, etc.) itemized receipts are required to process your reimbursement. A completed “Student Program Fund Reimbursement” Form with original itemized receipts must be submitted to Student Activities & Leadership Development within 5 business days of the event for reimbursement. Note: SALD will not reimburse purchases made at WesShop or using WesPoints.
- Direct Billing – Occassionally, SALD will pay for requested items directly. SALD will be in touch with you if we need specific information.
- If funding is supporting a contracted speaker/artist, we must have a copy of the contract or create a Wesleyan Contract before we can transfer the funding. This may occur before the event. No post event form is necessary in this instance.