Student Program Fund (SPF)
THE SPF FUND WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL JANUARY 26, 2015.
The Student Program Fund (SPF) exists to assist student organizations in funding cultural, educational and social events. This fund will help offset the programmatic costs (food, facility reservation, set-up/breakdown fees, speaker fees, outside vendor fees, etc.) incurred by WSA student organizations.
Accessing Your Funds
- Applications should be submitted no later than 9am on Mondays, and applications must be complete for full consideration.
- You must submit your request through the online form AT LEAST 5 business days prior to the day of your event so that the SALD Office will have enough time to process the request.
- Applications will not be considered retroactively nor any other day but Monday at 9am.
- The individual student or student organization will be notified by email as to the status of their application.
- Complete the SPF Application Form.
- The event must contribute to the educational or cultural life of the University and/or help to build a sense of community at Wesleyan.
- If the cost of the event is greater than $100.00, some portion of the cost must be covered by another source of funding. Recognized WSA organizations are eligible to apply.
- Note that the SPF does not fund:
- A request that has not been submitted through the online form at least 5 business days prior to the event.
- Events that violate the Code of Non-Academic Conduct or University Policy.
- Alcoholic beverages, spirits, tobacco products, controlled or illegal substances.
- Donations, gifts, or prizes (including gift cards).
- Purchases made at WesShop or using WesPoints.
- Any event taking place in a residential space that is not open to the greater community.
- Honoraria or expenses for current faculty.
- Honoraria or expenses for current students.
- Additional funding requests from groups planning events during identity months. If you are planning such an event, please contact SALD to be in touch with the appropriate planning body.
- Start-up funds for a student organization or charity fundraiser.
- Travel costs for individuals or student organizations. However, conference registration will be considered. Student attendance to off campus events will only be considered if a concrete plan for benefiting the larger campus is presented.
- Any outside contractor or non-University employee that acts as a coach for a sports team or athletic/fitness event (ie. boxing, yoga, fencing, etc.).
- Any event which may create or contribute to a hostile or unsafe environment in accordance with Wesleyan's Non-Discrimination and Sexual Harrassment Policy.
- The individual student or student organization will be notified by email how the funds will be distributed:
- Reimbursement – For out-of-pocket purchases of materials and supplies (ie. food, decorations, etc.) itemized receipts are required to process your reimbursement. A completed “Student Program Fund Reimbursement” Form with original itemized receipts must be submitted to Student Activities & Leadership Development within 5 business days of the event for reimbursement. Note: SALD will not reimburse purchases made at WesShop or using WesPoints.
- Funds Transfer – Funds will be transferred directly into a WSA recognized student organization Wesleyan Financial System Smartkey account. In this case, you will need to work with the WSA office to pay out any bills, honorariums or reimbursements.
- Direct Billing – Occassionally, SALD will pay for requested items directly. SALD will be in touch with you if we need specific information.
- If funding is supporting a contracted speaker/artist, we must have a copy of the contract or create a Wesleyan Contract before we can transfer the funding. This may occur before the event. No post event form is necessary in this instance.
- For additional information about the process, please email Gretchen LaBonte or call x2467.