This volunteer program provides an opportunity for parents of current students to reach out to parents of new students and welcome them to Wesleyan . Experienced parents provide a warm welcome and establish a connection to the Wesleyan community.
- Experience: must be a parent of a Wesleyan student
- Expertise: none; just a willingness to chat with new parents about whatever topics come up
- Commitment: 1-2 hours, depending upon the depth of your conversations
- Goal: to contact every new Wesleyan family
- Timeframe: late January-August
- How it works:
- Assignments are made, based on geographic proximity when possible.
- You receive a resource cheat sheet and contact information on 3-5 households, and make the outreach.
- You return your contact sheet, with any appropriate comments.
- Lots of new parents feel welcome.