FROM: The Office of Residential Life
RE: Spring Residence Closings and Summer Housing
DATE: Monday, April 14, 2014
- Only graduating seniors and students who have been pre-approved by the Office of Residential Life can remain in their rooms after Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 1 p.m. Students who have not been pre-approved or guests of pre-approved students are not permitted in University residences after this date.
- Students who fail to check out of their rooms will incur a late check-out fine of $200.00, and may also incur additional per diem charges until they vacate their rooms. The fee will be charged for anytime over 1 p.m. There is no longer the flexibility of a grace period since the time was moved later.
- It is important that students vacate their residences on time so Physical Plant staff can start repairing and cleaning the Reunion and Commencement residences (Bennet, Clark, and Hewitt) and rooms can be cleaned and repaired for students that have to transition to other rooms. We transition over 200 students working for Reunion and Commencement/Summer Housing participants and it is important that people leave on time so we can prepare these rooms.
If you need housing beyond Saturday, May 17, 2014 for one of the reasons below*, please read this section thoroughly:
- First Session Summer Classes
- University Summer Housing
- Reunion and Commencement Employment
*Students working on research who are not living on-campus for the summer are not eligible for housing during Reunion and Commencement week.
All students who work for Reunion and Commencement week need to move out of their residence (all items removed from residence, keys turned into ResLife in North College) by 4:30 p.m. on May 26, 2014.
Students who are transitioning to University summer housing or Summer Session housing will move to their new assignment on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 after 4 p.m.
For a list of local storage providers, please visit the following website: http://www.wesleyan.edu/physicalplant/student-storage.html.
On-campus summer housing will be located in Bennet Hall (fraternities and societies are not consider University summer housing) and is available between Tuesday, May 27, 2014 and ends Saturday, August 30, 2014. Summer housing is available for Wesleyanundergraduate students that meet the following criteria:
- Summer Session Classes
- University employment
- International Student
Double-occupancy air-conditioned room: $24.00/day
Single-occupancy air-conditioned room*: $30.00/day
*We have a very limited number of single-occupancy rooms and if you indicate interest in a single-occupancy room we cannot guarantee your request will be honored.
The priority deadline for summer housing applications is Friday, April 25, 2014 and applications are accepted on a rolling basis until July 25, 2015 if space is available. Students will be notified of their summer assignment the week of May 9th.
Students who choose to not live in University summer housing will not be able to move back to campus before Saturday, August 30, 2014. Storage items also cannot be delivered to residences prior to Saturday, August 30, 2014.