The Protestant Community provides a weekly worship service, bible studies, times of prayer, and other programming to enrich the spiritual life of students and expand intellectual endeavors beyond the classroom.
Tuesdays, from 11:45-12:15 (when classes are in session)
Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (2nd floor of 169 High Street)
This is a time of music, silence, and Scripture. All are welcome. Here is more information about Taize-style meditative singing: http://www.taize.fr/en_rubrique2603.html.
WEEKLY GATHERINGS (while classes are in session)
These events are coordinated by students and are more fluid. Please confirm time/location by contacting Rev. Tracy at tmehrmuska(at)wesleyan.edu.
- Monday - Friday at 10:00pm - Gathering for prayer in 169 High Street
- Tuesdays at 10:00pm - Black Men's Ministries in Usdan 104D
- Tuesdays at 11:45am - Taize-Style Meditation at 169 High Street
- Wednesday at 9:30am - Prayer time in Usdan
- Thursdays at 7:30pm - Scripture study at Lighthouse
- Fridays at 7:00pm - Wesleyan Christian Fellowship gathering, typically in Boger 114
Upcoming Special Events
GOOD FRIDAY PROGRAM
Friday, April 14, 7:00pm in Boger 114
Come for a time of reflection, Scripture, and prayer as we reflect on Jesus' passion story.
EASTER RESURRECTION SERVICE!
Sunday, April 16, 11:00am in Memorial Chapel
We will celebrate Jesus' resurrection with worship, music, dance, and prayer. Families and friends are welcome! Communion will be served.
Special Services/Events Held Annually
- Welcome reception for new students during Freshman Orientation
- Fall BBQ and Blessing at Lighthouse, the Christian program house
- Christmas Dinner and Lessons and Carols
- Ecumenical Ash Wednesday Service with Wesleyan's Catholic community
- Good Friday Service of Scripture and Meditation
- Easter Sunday Resurrection Service and Ecumenical Reception
- Reception for prospective students during WesFest
- Resistance in Jesus' Name: The 60's and Now, January 2017: Rev. Brooks Smith
- Interfaith Resilience Retreat, November 2016: Rev. Tracy Mehr-Muska
- We Are Not the Same: Can Everyone Tell, January 2016: Dr. Sherry-Ann Brown, MD, PhD
- Balancing Multiple Identities: Being a Scientist and Person of Faith, February 2015: Professor Michelle Francl, Bryn Mawr
- Faith, Religion, and Queer Identity, February 2015: Interfaith panel discussion with students, alum, and clergy
- Desire and Relationship: What's Love Got To Do With It?, February 2014: Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, Wesleyan's Career Center
- Marching On: A Conference on Gun Violence Prevention, September 2013: Governor Dannel Malloy, Senator Richard Blumenthal, and Senator Chris Murphy
- Mapping the Origins Debate: Six Models of the Beginning of Everything, April 2013: Gerald Rau
- Not Afraid of Darwin or Christ: Webinar with Princeton Theological Seminary, April 2013
- Celebrating 180 Years of Protestant Religious Life at Wesleyan, 2011
- The Politics of Jesus: Rediscovering the True Revolutionary Nature of What Jesus Believed And How It Was Corrupted, 2008: Obery Hendricks Jr.
- True For You… But Not For Me: Is There Wisdom in Relativism?
- American Grace: How Religion Divides and Unites Us, 2011: David Campbell
- Interfaith Service Trip to NJ, 2017
- Gulf Coast Service Spring Break Trip, 2008-2017
- Interfaith Service Trip to Harrisburg, PA, 2016
- Food Packing Project with Feeding Children Everywhere, 2014
- Food Packing event with Middletown Community Thanksgiving Project, 2015
- Annual Rocky Hill Veteran's Home visit for Veteran's Day, 2012-15
- March For Change Rally against Gun Violence in Hartford, 2013
- First Baptist Church Soup on Sunday, 2009-2010
- Haiti Relief, 2009-2010
- Thanksgiving Feeding Families, American Red Cross Middlesex Central Connecticut Chapter, 2010-11
- Ugandan Orphanage, 2010
- Celebration of Gospel, 2013
- Caribbean Worship: Encounter God’s Presence, 2011
- Celebrating the Black Church, 2008
- Emerging Voices, 2009
- Gospel Extravaganza, 2009-2010