Welcome to the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
Applications have closed for the 2017 Friends of the Wesleyan Library Undergraduate Research Prize. Winners will be announced in April.
• Open house exhibit and print sale by letterpress printer and book artist Amos Paul Kennedy, Jr
March 29, 2017 -- 12:00 -1:30 pm -- Davison Rare Book Room, Special Collections & Archives, and Smith Reading Room, Olin Library
• Panel discussion about the library's role in safeguarding privacy and civil rights
Special guests: Barbara Bailey and Peter Chase
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 -- 7:00 pm -- Smith Reading Room, Olin Library
In celebration of National Library Week
Click here for more details about Friends events.
To support the in-depth resources that the library provides for campus research and creative projects, please join the Friends!
If you, too, are passionate about research, learning, and books, you may want to sponsor a special projects, such as
- the conservation of rare books through the Adopt a Book Program
- digitization of highly used archival collections
- addition to an archival collection of oral histories of retired Wesleyan faculty
- a creative fellowship program for students for research in Special Collections & Archives.
Looking for other unique gifts or to honor or thank a special person? Additional ways to support the library in your gift giving include the Adopt a Book Program and gift memberships. Both are tax deductible. Thank you for generous support!
Email us at email@example.com for more information, to volunteer, or to receive a print copy of the library newsletter.
About the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
The Friends of the Wesleyan Library is a community of readers dedicated to celebrating and enjoying books of all kinds from vellum bound manuscripts to humble paperbacks to the latest digital innovation. The Friends raise funds to support the library's important work and activities including:
- Lectures, workshops, symposia, and exhibitions
- Consitution Day speakers
- The Adaptation Series - a collaboration with Wesleyan's Center for Film Studies
- Exhibitions in collaboration with the Davison Art Center and Center for the Arts
- Upcoming and Past Events
- Cataloging of hidden (currently inaccessible) collections
- Special preservation projects
- Publication of Check-it-Out, the library newsletter
Benefits of membership in the Friends of the Wesleyan Library
In addition to the satisfaction that comes from supporting the vital services of the library, members of the Friends of the Wesleyan Library also enjoy the following special privileges:
- Invitations to Friends-sponsored events
- Free special borrower privileges at the Wesleyan library
- Check It Out – published three times each year
The Friends of the Wesleyan Library offer six levels of annual membership.