Library recalls permit a library patron to "recall" an item that another patron has borrowed. A recalled item must be returned sooner than the original due date, so that another library patron may use it. This helps us balance the needs of the current borrower with the needs of other users who may need the same materials.
If you have an item which has been recalled:
- when an item is recalled, you will be notified by email
- you are guaranteed an initial loan period of 14 days (books) or 7 days (bound periodicals) from when you first borrowed the item
- you will have 7 days to return the item (unless it is overdue, in which case it becomes due immediately)
- if a recalled item becomes overdue, you will be charged a recall overdue fine of $7/day (maximum fine of $70 per item) and your library privileges will be suspended until it is returned.
- you cannot renew an item that has been recalled
Recall fines are high - please return recalled items on time!