Public Interest Law
The following resources can help you in your search for law schools that offer courses, clinics and journals that match your service-oriented interests. They will also give you information on salaries in PI law, as well as information on the work.
- ABA/Directory of Law School Public Interest & Pro Bono Programs – The information provided in this directory depends on the law school’s completion of a survey. Some sections may be incomplete.
- Equal Justice Work's Guide to Law Schools - Comparative directory of the public interest programs at over 150 law schools.
- Guide to Careers in Public Interest Law Firms - Provided by the Harvard Law School Office of Public Interest Advising.
- Is Public Interst Law for You? - Article on the pros and cons of working as a full-time public interest attorney.
- NALP (National Association for Law Placement) - Salary information and a section providing survey information on judicial clerkships under "Research & Statistics.".
- PSLawNet: P.I. Law Firm Careers - Article on careers in public interest law firms.
The Career Center library also provides the NAPLA Book of Law School Lists, which identifies academic areas of emphasis (such as areas of study considered to be “public interest”, eg, human rights) and the schools that offer them.
Note: the programs listed in these resources are not ranked.