The mission of the Adult Fitness Program is to offer a comprehensive array of services to the Wesleyan Community designed to promote health awareness and a healthier lifestyle. The goal of the Program is to encourage individuals to take responsibility for their physical well-being and to provide the knowledge, tools, and supports necessary to reinforce healthy choices and behaviors. By adopting a positive lifestyle, participants will diminish the incidence, duration and severity of common preventable illnesses.
Adult Fitness Program
- The purpose of this policy is to clarify the eligibility for participation in any component of the Adult Fitness Program offered by Wesleyan University.
The following definitions apply to this policy:
- Adult Fitness Program The Adult Fitness Program means any exercise, fitness, wellness or educational activity or program offered to eligible individuals by Wesleyan University during the University calendar year.
- Eligible Individual Eligible Individual means any person, as outlined in this policy, who may participate in any exercise, fitness, wellness or educational activity or program offered by Wesleyan University during the academic calendar year.
The following individuals are eligible to use or participate in all exercise, fitness, wellness or educational activities or programs offered by Wesleyan Adult Fitness Program
- Full-time and/or .5 FT faculty or staff with a current, valid Wesleyan ID
- Any spouse or domestic partner of a full-time and/or .5 FT faculty or staff with a current, valid Facility User Pass
- Graduate students currently enrolled in an academic class or classes with a current, valid Wesleyan ID
- Wesleyan University alumni with current, valid Facility User Pass
- Wesleyan University retirees and their spouses or domestic partners
- Registration enrollment occurs bi-annually
- First semester - September
- Second semester - January
- All participants are required to register prior to taking part in Wesleyan Adult Fitness programming. The following forms are required to complete the registration process:
- Medical History Form - This form is required for any individual participating in any fitness or instructional class. The medical history form is not required for participation in the Lunch and Learn series. When complete return all medical history forms to Heather Minetti, Physical Education.
- Registration Form - Registration is required to participate in all Wesleyan Adult Fitness Programs. Prior to each academic semester employees of Wesleyan University and eligible individuals are notified to register for class instruction and educational seminars. Return all completed forms to Heather Minetti, Physical Education.